Saturday, January 30, 2010
Wow, it has been one crazy week! I don't know where the time is gone. Well I do, I guess.
Monday I took a dear friend for a mammogram and went to the gym. Tuesday my cousin's car broke, so took her to work, went to work out, picked her up, and the day was pretty much over. Wednesday, my dear friend had to go back for another mammogram (they thought they found something). She is 87 and was a little worried. She came out with the biggest smile on her face and it was nothing. My cousin's car still wasn't working, so I happily played taxi and the next day I gad to take her for a couple of serious tests at the hospital. Went to work out, picked her up (everything was okay), then my car decided that it's water pump was broken, so I'm dealing with that right now. It has been CRAZY! My husband has been sick with a bad cold, and right now I am cooking beans becuase I am going to work at Project Share tonight - a nice place that makes meals for people who need them.
Anyway, this is a work in progress for the first painting for Artfest. I will start posting on February 1st. I am excited about that. Also, I am doing a show at Weems Old Town in May, just a small one, but they asked and said no stress, just give us what you have, so I will create something cool for them. They are a joy to work with. Anyway, just sort of checking in. If you're interested in my weight loss challenge blog, here's the link: www.dees100pound.blogspot.com. Bye!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
My next daily painting. I love Taos. And I love cows. These cows were crossing pastureland near the Taos Pueblo. It was a beautiful fall day and I couldn't imagine anywhere else a cow might want to be. The mountains were beautiful and there were a bunch of big puffy clouds in the sky. I can't wait to head back up there but it's too "wintery" for me now. I need warmer weather! Purchase information is below:
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
work in progress
Wow, I have a feeling I will be working in the studio all day today - there's snow outside! It's beautiful and it's not really cold, my dog's water wasn't even frozen. They are. however, begging to come back in the warm studio.
This painting is a bit of a departure - it has a dark night sky, a mountain ridge, and lots of beautiful flowers in the canyon below. I should finish it tonight. Enjoy your Saturday!
Friday, January 22, 2010
This little painting is two senoritas on their way to a little church. I am not yet happy with the church itself and will be doing some revisions today. I think these two ladies are engaged in conversation, maybe they are talking about what they will have for lunch after the service is over. The finished painting will be posted and offered for purchase tonight.
I am excited to be finishing up commissions and getting back to some daily paintings. And on Monday, I am starting my first ARTFEST 2010 painting! Be sure to sign up to watch at my new blog: www.artfest2010.blogspot.com.
My first new daily painting - a solitary sunflower in a sea of beautiful blues. I should be finished with my small commissions this weekend but I will try to post another daily before Monday. Purchase information is below. All new daily paintings are 8"x 8" or 8"x 10" unless specified otherwise and are payable through the Paypal button below each painting.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
1. I thought I better check in and let you know what's been going on with me. I know you haven't seen many posts and that's because I've been working on finishing up a few small commissions. Those will be finished this week and then I have a couple of larger paintings I'm also working on. Plus, I have a beautiful southwestern bookshelf that I'm painting for Casa Esperanza, the home-away-from-home for cancer patients receiving treatments at UNM Hospital. Their event is coming up soon and I have a few ideas floating around but nothing concrete yet. Don't worry Maryle!
2. Daily paintings are starting up again! I just bought a lot of new small canvases and am ready to roll, so start watching....
3. I have been enjoying my time a lot. I am not doing any big shows until November when I will be the poster/print artist for Weems Artfest 2010. That is so exciting, I can't wait! I may put a few paintings in a June show at Weems Old Town and I'd like to do some painting on location there also. I have joined Weight Watchers and have lost 15 pounds so far. I am exercising too, which is hard because of my lack of knee cartilage but they hurt worse if I don't move them. I have gotten massages too, I am meditating, reading, and enjoying my family.
4. I am going on a paint out to Placitas next Monday. It may be too cold for me to actually paint, but I will be able to take a lot of great photos and it's so peaceful there - just to take a ride there is really nice. I see a lot of art events that I would like to participate in, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is the year for "me" and I need to take care of myself.
5. I have a new camcorder! I am learning how to use it. Soon I will be making videos of all kinds and posting them on youtube. I especially want to get some video when I go out on painting locations. And I want to record my painting techniques and the process of creating a big show event.
6. Now, to the big news: I HAVE CREATED A NEW BLOG FOR ARTFEST 2010!
This will be to showcase my paintings for the show and also to record the process of creating the painting that will become the poster for Artfest. I have to create at least five larger paintings and they will choose the poster from those. I have a lot more wall space at this year's show so I am going to start early. I will post these paintings starting at #1 and work my way forward.
The link to the new blog will be:
When you get to the blog, there will be a place to sign up for daily progress or you can become a follower just by clicking on that link. I think this is going to be my most exciting year yet, and I hope you will join me in my quest. Thank you!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
I am in the process of cleaning up my studio and came across this little oil - I think it was the first time I had ever tried oils in my studio. My daughter loved it and hung it in her room for a long time. Then it got moved to the bathroom! Then all of a sudden, it appeared in my studio one day. It's on hold for a friend, but I thought you might like to see it. I will post photos when I get the studio cleaned up!
Saturday, January 09, 2010
This rough sketch is already a completed painting - it's drying now and will be delivered today. As it is a surprise for someone, I won't post the finshed painting until tonight or tomorrow.
Today I am headed to Weight Watchers to weigh in, then it's off to lunch with my friend Evie. We love this place called Taco Sal and go there about once a month. The BEST sopapillas! Well, one of the best.
When I come back, I am having my husband move in a southwestern bookshelf from the garage that I will be painting for Casa Esperanza. I also have three small 8x10 commmissions, a 20x20 Rio Grande Gorge, a 24x24 black and white dahlia painting for my daughter, and a 24x30 Taos Gorge with sunflowers. Enjoy your weekend!
Friday, January 08, 2010
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
A bailla folklorico dancer swaying in her beautiful skirt during a performance. I have so many dancers in my head - but the line work takes forever. That's why I try to space them in between other paintings - so I don't go crazy! Purchase information is below:
at Weems Gallery Old Town 505-764-0302
I am almost finished with all of my 6"x6" canvases. They've been fun to paint. This painting is from a fall day trip[ long ago up to the Jemez mountains. The orange red rocks and landscape are incredible there, some places you can gaze up and all you see are these mammoth red mountains. Purchase information is below: