Tuesday, January 19, 2010
NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS
1. I thought I better check in and let you know what's been going on with me. I know you haven't seen many posts and that's because I've been working on finishing up a few small commissions. Those will be finished this week and then I have a couple of larger paintings I'm also working on. Plus, I have a beautiful southwestern bookshelf that I'm painting for Casa Esperanza, the home-away-from-home for cancer patients receiving treatments at UNM Hospital. Their event is coming up soon and I have a few ideas floating around but nothing concrete yet. Don't worry Maryle!
2. Daily paintings are starting up again! I just bought a lot of new small canvases and am ready to roll, so start watching....
3. I have been enjoying my time a lot. I am not doing any big shows until November when I will be the poster/print artist for Weems Artfest 2010. That is so exciting, I can't wait! I may put a few paintings in a June show at Weems Old Town and I'd like to do some painting on location there also. I have joined Weight Watchers and have lost 15 pounds so far. I am exercising too, which is hard because of my lack of knee cartilage but they hurt worse if I don't move them. I have gotten massages too, I am meditating, reading, and enjoying my family.
4. I am going on a paint out to Placitas next Monday. It may be too cold for me to actually paint, but I will be able to take a lot of great photos and it's so peaceful there - just to take a ride there is really nice. I see a lot of art events that I would like to participate in, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is the year for "me" and I need to take care of myself.
5. I have a new camcorder! I am learning how to use it. Soon I will be making videos of all kinds and posting them on youtube. I especially want to get some video when I go out on painting locations. And I want to record my painting techniques and the process of creating a big show event.
6. Now, to the big news: I HAVE CREATED A NEW BLOG FOR ARTFEST 2010!
This will be to showcase my paintings for the show and also to record the process of creating the painting that will become the poster for Artfest. I have to create at least five larger paintings and they will choose the poster from those. I have a lot more wall space at this year's show so I am going to start early. I will post these paintings starting at #1 and work my way forward.
The link to the new blog will be:
When you get to the blog, there will be a place to sign up for daily progress or you can become a follower just by clicking on that link. I think this is going to be my most exciting year yet, and I hope you will join me in my quest. Thank you!