Monday, September 26, 2011

teamwork

I've been thinking about this project for awhile now - how to display my little daily paintings so I'll be able to see them, but they will dry without getting in the way. I looked at Lowe's and Home Depot and found some moulding I liked. The only problem was that the shelves had to be "built," in other words, there were two different pieces of moulding that had to be attached to each other and then attached to the wall. So I talked my husband into helping me. We are great at putting things together - I'm the directions person and he is the tool person. We put them up today and my little paintings look so cute! The ends of the shelves still need to be sanded and painted, but all in all, it was a good day. The larger shelf on the far right we installed several years ago to hold larger camvases. There are two rows of that one. We also removed a ratty screen door from the French door and put it in the shed until we get a new one. I'm getting ready for the studio tour, so I have all of my canvases toned now and things are shaping up! Also a fantastic paint out this week...

3 comments:

Michelle McSpadden said...

This is a great idea!!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Janet said...

oooo...I...likey!!!! very much!!!!

Dee Sanchez said...

Thanks guys - I thought about it for a month, before I could find the right moulding! I'm excited to see it full of paintings
Dee