and other things....
This is my daily art blog.
I'm artist Dee Sanchez and I live and work in Alameda, New Mexico - the land of blue skies, red hills, and three unique cultures.
What a beautiful place to paint! Join me on my daily painting quest, my plein air adventures, my video logs, my "getting ready for a show" preparations, my painting tips, and I may even throw in an opinion or two...I also document my struggles with getting healthy and my crazy family life
Sunday, May 26, 2013
new 145 Challenge painting
"THE RED ONES"
My newest 145 Challenge painting.
I have to say, this one was fun to paint and it makes me happy every time I look at it.
For some reason, I really am in love with the sky.
I thought I would talk a little bit about how a painting created in the quiet
of my studio makes it out into the internet world for all to see.
1. Choose the subject
2. Paint the painting.
3. Come up with a title that speaks to me.
4. Find just the right light to photograph the painting. Take at least 12 shots.
5. Put the painting up in its spot on the wall to dry.
6. List painting in the big 145 Challenge book binder that I made.
7. Upload the painting into the computer.
8. Edit the painting, getting the color as close to what I actually see in front of me as possible.
9. Resize the painting to to a smaller size to work better on the web.
10. Put the painting in the 145 Challenge folder I have created on my computer.
11. Post the painting on dailypaintworks.com
12. Create a Paypal link for payment and copy it to all of my posting sites.
13. Post the painting on dailypainters.com.
14. Post the painting on the 145 Challenge blog: www.sweptaway145.com
15. Post the painting on deesanchezpaints.com
16. Post the painting on dailypaintersabstractgallery.com 17. Send out a post to all of my followers so the painting will pop up in their email.
18. Post the painting on facebook.
19. Go back to bed.
20. Just kidding.
And you thought all I did was paint! To see all of the completed 145 Challenge paintings click HERE.